1 Port RS232 Ethernet to Serial Adapter ES-246
- 1 Port RS-232
- Ethernet to Serial Device Server
- Data rate from 110 to 1,000,000 baud (1 MegaBaud)
- Install Virtual Com ports, communicate over TCP or telnet or use the Software APIs for Visual Basic, C# and more
- Serial Port Tunnelling allows serial cable replacement over any distance, no software required
- Power supply included (power input 5-30V DC)
- ES-246-datasheet (0.79 MB)
Ethernet to Serial device server providing access to one RS232 serial port. Data transfer rates up to 1,000,000 baud (1 MegaBaud), coupled with 1Mbit/s line drivers deliver uncompromising performance. Baud rates can be standard values such as 9,600, 115,200, 230,000, 921,600 or user definable non standard values.
Our ES range provides simple instant networked serial ports. A web interface allows secure configuration and control of the serial ports over a local network or the internet using any browser. For Windows our in-house designed (32 bit and 64 bit) driver gives you local COM ports, retaining existing software applications and allowing you to connect across your network to remote devices just as if they were attached locally.
Serial Port Tunnelling (individually configurable) allows serial cable replacement over any distance, no software required. You can access the device via TCP/IP sockets from any networked device like an Android tablet, PC or phone. On Windows OS TCP/IP sockets are handled by the Winsock API, this will differ on other OSs.
Many thanks for sending the item to me and generally for a 1st class customer service!Logicware Ltd
Brilliant, granting access to that key makes it work perfectly J. Well spotted, and thank you so much for your help. I will always be happy to go on the record to recommend Brain Boxes and the excellent support provided. Such a pleasant change to find a company that still provides good old fashioned service. Feel free to quote me.
Again, well and truly resolved, thank you.Simon Mitchell MIMIS MAAT MCP
got to say the support by this company is the best I have ever come across, instant and effective response.John Cornfield
I use your product ES-246 in several applications since 2011.Soniris System
I enjoy them and their dependability.
... I use BrainBoxes for critical serial to ethernet application and have not had a single hiccup ...Christopher Luce, RocketTech
Great products. Excellent quality.ENZ Engineering, Berlin
Powerful and easy to use .COM InterfaceMiE (Medical Imaging Electronics)
Product 3D Models
|Connector||DB9 Connector - 9 Pin Male|
|Tx FIFO Size||256|
|Rx FIFO Size||32|
|Operating Distance||EIA - RS232 Standard|
|Cable||No Cable; Integrated Connector|
|Serial Port Settings|
|Max Baud Rate||1,000,000 (1 MegaBaud)|
|Data Bits||5,6,7 or 8|
|Parity||Odd, Even, None, Mark or Space|
|Stop Bits||1 or 2|
|Flow Control||RTS/CTS, DSR/DTR, XON/XOFF|
|Tx/Rx Modes||Point to Point|
|Power Input||5 - 30V DC input, reverse polarity protected|
|Power Over Ethernet||No - this product does not have PoE capability|
|Power Supply 1 Description||Global Power Supply - PW-800|
|Power Supply 2 Description|
|Mounting Accessories 1 Description||DIN-Rail Mounting Kit - MK-048|
|Mounting Accessories 2 Description|
|Operating Temperature Range||0 °C to +60 °C / 32 °F to +140 °F|
|Device Dims with ears||96.3x101x25|
|Device Dims without ears||91.6x77x25|
|Power Consumption||0.76W (Typical)|
|Product Weight||0.109 kg, 3.84 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||106x105x28 mm, 4.2x4.1x1.1 inches|
|Packaged Weight||0.362 kg, 12.77 ounces|
|Packaged Dimensions||200x135x80 mm, 7.9x5.3x3.1 inches|
|Operating System Compatibility|
|Ethernet||Ethernet Interface takes advantage of a companies pre-existing infrastructure, allowing you to connect to your Brainboxes device over the local network, or from across the world.|
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-Chinese.ES-ZH (1.07 MB)
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-Deutsche.ES-DE (0.45 MB)
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-English.ES-EN (1.56 MB)
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-Espanol.ES-ES (0.52 MB)
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-Francais.ES-FR (0.44 MB)
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-Italiano.ES-IT (0.44 MB)
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-Magyar.ES-HU (0.59 MB)
- ES-Ethernet-to-Serial-range-summary-Polski.ES-PL (0.53 MB)
Typical Product Applications
Connect to PLCs over Network
- Connecting a serial modem to a ethernet port on a Schneider M258 plc
- Connecting to Omron PLCs (e.g. model C200HE, CJ1)
- Remote access to Mitsubishi PLC's
- Connecting to Rockwell's Micro830 PLC.
- Pull data from PLC to display it on an HMI (Human Machine Interface).
Network enable Lasers with Serial Ports
- Network a Keyence Laser to monitor data.
- Network an MDL lasers which uses RS232 for measurement
- Connect Micro-Epsilon Highspeed laser scanner to factory floor data gathering system.
Factory Floor Devices
- CNC Downloading Data milling to NC unit
- Connect lathes to a network
- Communicating with a black body for a thermal camera calibration process
- Monitor/control over the network a Froeling Wood Pellet Boiler which provides a serial port for command & control.
- Interfacing with legacy LED signage.
- Remote programming a legacy SBC (Single Board Computer) machine control system.
- To convert Nordic RF601 serial to ethernet (shop floor data collection device)
Network Enable Office Infrastructure
- To talk to a Siemens ISDX telephone switch
- Remote connection and management of Bosch fire panel
- Serial control of alarm systems
Network Enable Remote Serial Applications
- Linked up a Medical Device to the Hospital Information System
- Networking of test instruments in a client lab.
- Remote support of hardware
- Instrument remote connection
- Network enabling Serial Weighing Machines and Serial Printers
- Connect to GPS receiver, Garmin GPS18x over network
- To connect to downhole survey tools. Communicate with Serial Cameras, gyro's magnetometers and radiation sources which are used by Mining companies to survey drill holes in the ground
- LAN to Serial to connect Aurora Cloud Sensor RS232 port through network to data collection on PC.
- Connect a Weigh bridge for checking legal limits for wagons from a remote location to a Cardinal 225 Navigator Panel.