1 Port RS422/485 USB to Serial Adapter US-324
- 1 Port RS-422/485 USB to Serial Adapter
- Data rate from 300 to 921,600 baud
- Drivers for all popular operating systems including Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP
- Works where many other USB to Serial devices do not
- Includes 25cm USB Extender cable
- Lifetime Warranty and Support
- US-324-datasheet (0.54 MB)
USB to Serial adapter providing one RS422/485 serial port. Data transfer rates up to 921,600 baud rates and the 128 byte deep transmit and 256 byte receive FIFOS, coupled with 1Mbit line drivers deliver uncompromising performance on your laptop/PC.
Drivers for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit Operating Systems including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Server 2008, Vista, Server 2003 and Windows XP with additional drivers for Raspberry Pi, Mac OS X and Linux. Lifetime warranty and support.
* Please note Brainboxes USB to Serial RS422/485 products have a known issue when used in Windows 10 and attempting to configure to be used in half duplex mode. This mode is currently unavailable in Windows 10.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your brilliant product (US-101)!! ...
We tried [many other brands] and a few other USB to serial adapters. None of them worked!.. I’ve been buying and returning like crazy. ...
I finally called IBM/Lenovo out of desperation and somewhere in their internal knowledgebase was a mention of your product working. So I bought one from Buy.com as a test.. it arrived today. IT WORKS! =)
You are likely the only manufacturer on the planet that makes a working serial to USB adapter for IBM/Lenovo. I would sugges
Creative NetVentures, Inc.
Brainboxes [USB to Serial adapters] are a very useful tool in engineering and are very reliableCEM Engineering
Great company, very responsive to queries and problemsJohn Strong
I would like to thank you for sending out the windows 7 RS232 USB driver.ABM Electrical Contracting Ltd
I have had a lot of problems trying to get my EXFO fiber optic test equipment to communicate with my windows 7 laptop.
I loaded on your software for the driver and within 10 mins I could communicate with the EXFO.
Exfo's technical guys have struggled to find a soloution. Thanks to Brainbox the problem is solved
For some time I have been searching for a USB to Serial adaptor that works correctly with the Fanuc CNC controls fitted on the 600 UK products that I support.Les Robbins
I now use and recommend a USB to Serial adaptor supplied by Brainboxes Limited
They can look after all your RS232 hardware needs, be it getting your Netbook to talk to your CNC or your Desktop serving your CNC machines via RS232 multi port cards.
I find their products very reliable and their support team are very helpful.
After searching a lot on the internet for a good USB to Serial (RS232), I elected the Brainboxes US-101 for the following reasons:
- it really seemed to be a very good device and completely suited for my needs (size, features, technical data) - very good ratings all over the internet
- ready and tested for Windows 7 (64 bits)
- developed and made in Europe from an european company!
- lifetime guarantee
- lifetime support
- Brainboxes seems to be a company really [focused] on having good and reliable products and respect its customers
We have been massively impressed by the Brainboxes USB to RS232 converter. It is the best adapter we have found as it fully supports all 9 pins and has compatible drivers for windows 2000 through to Windows 7 64 bit meaning one solution can be used with all of our machines. We have been able to communicate with legacy PLCs such as the Honeywell IPC range through to modern PLCs such as the Allen Bradley Control Logix range. Unlike many other converters that can be hit-and-miss we are yet to find a device your converter will not work with. We have recommended your product to all of the automa
Coca Cola Enterprises
|Connector||DB9 Connector - 9 Pin Male|
|Tx FIFO Size||128|
|Rx FIFO Size||256|
|Operating Distance||RS422/485 Standard (4000 ft : 1200 metres)|
|Cable||USB extender cable (0.25 metre ~ 1ft)|
|Serial Port Settings|
|Max Baud Rate||921,600|
|Data Bits||7 or 8|
|Parity||Odd, Even, None, Mark or Space|
|Stop Bits||1 or 2|
|Tx/Rx Modes||Full Duplex, Half Duplex Autogating|
|Operating Temperature Range||0 °C to +60 °C / 32 °F to +140 °F|
|Power Consumption||80mA @ 5V|
|Product Weight||0.023 kg, 0.81 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||89x35x20 mm, 3.5x1.4x0.8 inches|
|Packaged Weight||0.133 kg, 4.69 ounces|
|Packaged Dimensions||160x135x49 mm, 6.3x5.3x1.9 inches|
|Operating System Compatibility|
|USB 2.0||480 Mb/s USB 2.0 data rates.|
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-English.US-EN (1.59 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-Italiano.US-IT (0.91 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-Deutsche.US-DE (0.96 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-English.US-EN (1.47 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-Espanol.US-ES (0.94 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-Francais.US-FR (0.91 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-Magyar.US-HU (1.09 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-Italiano.US-IT (0.94 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-Francais.US-FR (0.95 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-Polski.US-PL (0.52 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-industrial-range-summary-Chinese.US-ZH (1.09 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-Chinese.US-ZH (1.06 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-Magyar.US-HU (1.05 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-Deutsche.US-DE (0.91 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-Polski.US-PL (1.55 MB)
- US-USB-to-Serial-desktop-range-summary-Espanol.US-ES (0.43 MB)
Typical Product Applications
- For general hardware testing over RS-422
- Comms Checking / Commissioning HVAC control systems (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
- Communication with amplifiers through new pc
- Integrate with LifeSigns Monitoring Solutions
- Development and test of marine navigation systems
- Interface over RS422 with Lab equipment
- Data aquisition/control of a Mass Flow controller
- Data Communication with the Automation Systems
- Communication with laboratory equipment
- Readout of test equipment
- Console connection to switches and other appliances on my Windows 8 tablet/laptop
- Communication over RS485 with industrial components
- Connect over serial to SAFT Battery management system
- Configure PLCs over RS422/485
- Connect from HP Pavillion laptop to equipment such as digital repeater systems