How to I communicate with my Bluetooth Serial Device From Android?
Brainboxes Bluetooth Adapters support the Serial Port Bluetooth Profile (SPP). Android allows communication with Bluetooth devices which have SPP.
Steps to demonstrate 2 way communication from Android to Brainboxes Bluetooth Adapter:
- Download an Android app which allows Serial Port Profile Communication. Brainboxes recommends SENA BTerm available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sena.bterm
- Plug in the Brainboxes Bluetooth to serial Adapter.
- Open Android Settings>Bluetooth, switch Bluetooth on and Search for Devices.
- Connect to the Brainboxes Bluetooth to Serial Adapter by default named by its part number (e.g. BL-819 or BL-830)
- Enter the Bluetooth Pairing PIN number. The Android device is now paired with the Brainboxes Bluetooth Serial Adapter.
- Open SENA BTerm>Settings>Bluetooth Management
- On the Bluetooth Management Screen press "Connect To" button
- Click the "Select" button
- Press "Start Scan"
- The Brainboxes Bluetooth Serial Adapter should appear on the list, select it.
- Press BACK
- The terminal screen will now be connected to the Serial Port of the Brainboxes Bluetooth device. Any incoming data will be shown on the screen.
- Press on the terminal screen to open the on screen keyboard. Type in some data. The data go out of the serial port which the brainboxes bluetooth device is connected.