How do I Install the Brainboxes.IO .NET API?
To Install the Brainboxes.IO .NET API you need:
- Windows 2000 or later
- Visual Studio 2005 or later - A free edition of the latest version can be download from Microsoft's website
- .NET 2.0 or later - the latest version is installed with Visual Studio
- A Brainboxes Remote IO Device, or a Brainboxes Ethernet to Serial Device
For Use With
The Brainboxes.IO .NET API is for use with Brainboxes Remote IO or Brainboxes Ethernet to Serial Modules, these are product codes which being with "ED-" or "ES-", for example ED-538, ED-204, ES-246, ES-346.
The Brainboxes.IO .NET API is for use with the C#, VB and F# programming languages for Microsoft .NET 2.0 and above. It can be compiled and used freely in your own software. This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain. View the online documentation here: Brainboxes.IO.Documentation. If you are using the downloaded .CHM documentation file please open it from your local machine (not over the network) or it won't work properly (this is a known issue with Microsoft .CHM files).
Brainboxes.IO APIs for .NET can be targeted to:
- Windows Platforms using .NET
- Linux Platforms using Mono or .NET Core
- Windows IoT, Windows Store App and XBOX platforms using Brainboxes.IO and the Universal Windows Platform
Install via Nuget in Visual studio or download from our website.
Download from our Website:
- Download and unzip the file at the top of this page, into a permanent location.
- Open Visual Studio and start a new project.
- Right click on the project and click "Add Reference"
- In Reference Manager Click "Browse" and then the "Browse" button at the bottom of the page
- Browse to the location where the files are unzipped
- Click on "Brainboxes.IO.dll" and then click "Add"
- Click "OK" on the Reference Manager
Install Via Nuget
If you are using NuGet the API is available from here: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Brainboxes.IO or by searching for Brainboxes.IO within NuGet.
- Open Visual Studio and start a new project
- Click Tools>Nuget Package Manager>Manage Nuget Packages for Solution
- In the search box enter "Brainboxes.IO", ensure the pacakage source is 'Nuget.org'
The API should now be available in your Visual Studio project. The API is fully documented and intellisense within visual studio should provide relavent documentation. Additionally the documentation file can be downloaded unzipped and opened into the Microsoft Windows Help File Viewer.
- How do I use C# to communicate with my Remote IO Module?
- How do I use C# to control my Ethernet to Serial device?
- How do I use Visual Basic (VB) to communicate with my Remote IO Module?
- How does the Brainboxes.IO API work with IO Lines which are either inputs and outputs?
- Where can I find Brainboxes.IO .Net Documentation